I Got Me an HMM Blade Liger

So A few years back, the eminent Japanese model-making company Kotobukiya started releasing high-detail re-imaginings of classic Zoids. Unlike the original models, they are not motorised, but what they sacrifice in locomotion, they gain in articulation. Anyway, I got one! I purchased the HMM Blade Liger a few months back, but what with the "current climate", the shipment from Japan was understandably delayed. But it turned up today! Along with a yoga mat, so win-win.

The original intention behind the purchase was reference for my own Zoid designs. I love the extra details Kotobukiya have added, particularly to the exposed mechanics. Like I was alluding to in my breakdown of my Redscout design, Kotobukiya make form out of inter-connected shapes, rather than trying to squeeze shapes into an existing form. The original designers at Tomy do as well, of course. These are classic designs with or without the added detail!

So, as reference, this big blue liger is less helpful to me now. But as another distraction from the Covid quarantine, it is a welcome arrival! It's also my favourite Zoid - there's obvious 'inspiration' here for the Blitz Panther.

Comments