Ten years Later


Yesterday marked 10 years since I uploaded this short animation to Youtube. Since then I have taught myself, trained and bled VFX and now I work in film and TV for real. It was this project that really crystalised my love for this kind of work. And while it is technically 'not very good', I look back on this (and the half decent Youtube view count) with a lot of pride. Over the last couple of years I've been steadily re-making the whole thing, now I know what I'm doing. I haven't made my goal of having it done by the 10 year anniversary, but it's been a lot of fun so far. 

It's been great to see that the community has bounced back and, while not as big as before, seems stronger and more tight-knit. It's great to see old names floating around, and exciting to see new people. The fact that there is a new toy line and a half-decent anime to go with it is wonderful, and seeing a real-life, 3D printed 1m-long Blue Sovereign is just wild.

Anyway, while I didn't finish my remake, I have been making a game with low-poly versions of the exact same assets. It's not finished either, and because my PC can't handle it anymore, I can't even make a trailer. But the demo is out, if you're interested you can download it here.



Comments