The Hangar

I've started to build sets. Originally I had hoped to use the old ones with a new lick of paint, but alas they are just too simple. Also I like modelling. Here are a couple of screenshots showing my progress. Modelled in Maya.

It's a bit of a low-tech building. It's a place that is a bit worn, very well used. I like to include a bit of the mundane in these designs, as if huge robot animals are no big deal.

 
Nevertheless, I want the hangar to feel pretty huge, so there are lots of high walkways, and details like handrails and office buildings give a sense of scale.

 Lots of junk hanging around. It's a very busy place with lots of loading and unloading!

The new office in particular I'm quite pleased with. I've kept the overall layout much the same as the original version.

Comments